Journey

My husband's faith journey is very different from mine.

He grew up in a small town in a small LCMS church. He was baptized as a baby, confirmed as a teen and continued his faith at LCMS churches after he moved away from home. He went to a K-8 LCMS school and has taught at LCMS schools the past 10 years since graduating college.

I, on the other hand, have a much more "diverse" faith journey. I grew up Baptist, then went to non-denominational churches in college. I worked for two PCUSA churches after college, then attended another non-denominational church until I met my husband.

We've been married almost 7 years now and have attended three very different LCMS churches in that time. While I have officially be confirmed and become a member of our current congregation, I am still figuring out what "being Lutheran" actually means.

This is my journey into the LCMS...

Comments